Monday, July 27, 2009

A tale from the toy store

I am the worst when it comes to buying gifts. I admit it. I love to give gifts but unless I know what you want I am not very good at it. I do get lucky every once in a while!

The boys have a birthday party tomorrow at a laser tag place. After my workout this morning, the boys and I stopped at the mega toy store. I asked the Mom for ideas but she did not give me anything to go on. I insisted we go around and look and then ended up back in the Lego section of the store. It seems like those are such popular gifts to give. My boys still have some they have not opened.

One more loop around the board games and Jay decides he has to use the bathroom. We find the restroom and Jay and Tee get their business done. The boys are ready to go so we head to the check out line at the front of the store. Tee has decided he will now walk. Not a big deal, we are close to heading out anyway.

We go get in line and I turn around for one minute to grab a gift card (darn the store for not having these in the checkout line). As I return, I see the cart falling on Tee (he was standing on the side of it like he does when we leave the grocery store). This can't be happening is all I can think of. I immediately grab the cart and get Tee off the ground. He luckily did not get hurt and he kept his head up. There was an employee checking out in front of me. She gave me a very nasty look, like don't you watch your child lady. She called over the manager who was very kind and asked if I wanted to fill out paperwork. I refused. I knew that Tee was shaken up more than anything. I think we will spend the rest of the day just chilling.

No comments: