Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend activities

The sun did not shine until late yesterday afternoon. This meant another canceled baseball game. It seems like we have had more cancellations than we have played games this season. The weather has been very unusual. The boys had a birthday party at a local pool on Saturday afternoon. I knew my boys would not swim. The water was freezing and the kids came out shivering. Luckily, there was a huge sand area they played in the entire 2 hours. It was very low key.

We had a sitter Saturday night and went out to dinner with 3 other couples. I got to experience Fogo De Chao. It is a Brazilian steakhouse. If you have been there then you know what I mean by experience. It was a bit too much for me. We immediately were seated and before we even got our drinks, we were told we could start with the salad bar. Each person was given a card, the red side said "no thanks" and the green side was the go side. Once the card is turned to green you are rushed by several waiters with huge skewers and knives. They tell you what they have and you can have them cut you a piece or not. I had to ask a few people to repeat what they said and with that I was given a dirty look. I found that I liked the filets the best. The table was also given mashed potatoes, polenta and fried bananas. Not a place I would like to frequent often but nice that we tried something different for a change.

No comments: