Monday, June 22, 2009

R&R

I was so happy when last week ended. I had been very busy getting ready for our beach trip. It seems like I packed our entire house to bring here but I assure you there are things left at home. We left at 5 am Saturday for an uneventful trip. We made it to Hilton Head Island in about 9 hours. Tee had a hard time napping and only slept for maybe 30 minutes. I was so happy when we finally made it on the island.

This is somewhat of a family reunion. One of my brothers and his family could not join us this time. One of my sisters will be here on Tuesday evening. There is one sister and one brother and their families here. We each have our own units but my parents are staying with us. Yes, that is 5 children in the family, 12 grandchildren and 6 other "grandchildren" that have joined the family by marriage. I am the last born and joke with my siblings that I am the favorite which I think is funny. No one ever seems to argue with me.

The first day started off rough for the husband. He woke up having stomach issues and he was pretty much out for the day. The boys and I went to the beach for a few hours in the morning. Luckily, my sister was there and was able to help me with the boys. Tee loves swimming in the ocean and jumping the waves. EE does not like to swim in the ocean all that much but Jay does. They both seem to like digging in the sand the most. As much as I planned for this trip I did not bring enough sand toys for them to dig and make sand castles.

My parents have made meals for 4 night and I made lasagna for a night. Each night the family gathers at our place for dinner. EE and Jay have loved playing with their cousins. It is very nice seeing my family. It has almost been a year since I saw them last. I wish we could live closer but that just won't happen. It may be another year or longer before we get to see them again.

Tomorrow will include a visit to the outlet mall. I love the the outlet mall here.

No comments: