Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The long weekend with visitors

It seems like I have not stopped going since last Thursday. My husband's father and his wife visited us for a long weekend. I spent the day getting ready for their arrival. I made chicken salad, a lasagna and a dessert in the span of 3 hours plus I vacuumed and dusted. I was vacuuming the the last area when they pulled up in the driveway.

My husband played golf on Friday and Sunday morning with our visitors. The boys got to play hooky from school on Friday afternoon. We figure it is close to the end of the school year. They
were very excited.
We did a lot of swimming in the pool this weekend. It was very humid so swimming was nice.

Tee has figured out how to kick his legs and keep upright in the pool. He loves "swimming" from one side to the other. We are very careful with him because if he is forced from this position he will float on top of the water, head in.

Saturday the boys had their last baseball game. The team did not play well and as a result the parents were so frustrated. Needless to say, they did not make it into the playoffs. One good thing happened at the game, a kid who has not hit a ball all season finally got a hit, made it to first base and eventually to home plate.



EE and Jay at bat.

My husband managed to get us into a suite for the Orioles baseball game on Sunday. It was a fun time for the kids and the adults.
Grandpa, R and the boys.


The husband and his Dad in the suite facing the field.

We had a nice visit with them. Tee can not say Grandpa and spent the entire weekend calling him Grandma. I though this was funny but we ended up getting Tee to call him PawPaw. That sounds so southern to me. Hopefully, he will be able to get it soon.
The Puzzle is finally finished. R (FIL's wife) worked on it all weekend. We (the boys, me, the husband and Grandma) started back in February and got stuck when we got to the azaleas.


This is a view looking at the lighthouse in Hilton Head Island which is where we are headed. I am ready for a little R&R and spend some time on the beach.
I have lots to do before the weekend.

No comments: