Sunday, June 7, 2009

Not happy with the Super Store *****UPDATED*****

I have been surprised at how many coupons you can find on the Internet. Not just any coupons but coupons for products that I actually use. And not just grocery coupons, you can also find coupons for popular clothing and home goods stores.

Last weekend, I found a coupon for Kirklands on the Internet that we used to purchase our mirrors for our bathroom. I think that saving $10 is awesome. I have also signed up to get notifications for coupons that are posted for some of the places I shop regularly. I have learned that I will not purchase anything until I have checked for a coupon or discount of some sort.

I also print out grocery coupons. This is such a nice feature to have. A few weeks ago when when I went to the Super Center(SC), I was told that I could not use Internet coupons. I didn't think much about it especially if that is their policy. However, I happened to come upon their coupon policy and guess what? That is right, it says they accept Internet coupons.

I called the local store today because I really need to go grocery shopping and I was thinking about going to the SC tomorrow morning. I spoke with a customer service manager who proceeded to tell me that they do not accept Internet coupons because of fraud by some and then are NOT reimbursed by the companies. Although I think it is a shame that there are people out there who ruin it for those of us who are honest, I do understand. What I don't understand is that the documented policy should be correct. As I was explaining this the manager hung up on me. I did not say anything mean nor was I argumentative in any way. This to me is unacceptable behavior.

The next call I made was to the SC's corporate customer service area. I logged 2 complaints. The first was for reporting the customer service manager. There was no way I would let that one go. The second was to have them update their coupon policies. If they accept them at some stores then they need to state that very clearly or state they do not accept them at all. I will follow my complaints until I get someone to help me with them.

************************************************************************************
I ended up getting a call at 7pm last night from the store manager. She explained that they do accept Internet coupons and that there has been some confusion among the staff. She was going to take this opportunity to review procedures with her staff again. There have been some fraudulent coupons circulating the web so this is something that they are trying to keep on top of. They are also instructed to accept only original Internet coupons, no copies.

I received a contact name in case of any issues during my shopping trip which she gladly gave me. I am happy to report I shopped and used about 6 Internet coupons with no issue.

I am not completely happy with the way I was treated by the customer service manager and I did make mention of that during my conversation. She took the lady's name but I have little doubt that anything will come of it.

My main issue was that the policy needs to be accurate. So if not all stores accept Internet coupons then it should be clearly stated.

No comments: