Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


We had our neighbors over to make these Turkey cookies. All you need is Oreo cookies, candy corn, whoppers and a little bit of Wilton Icing. They all had fun making the cookies but an even better time eating them.
I started baking for our Thanksgiving feast on Wednesday. The boys are always willing to help in the kitchen so I let them do a few things for me. We always have so much food, the usuals: green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, carrot souffle and Raspberry jello salad. I tried one new recipe from Rachel Ray, pumpkin stuffing. It was very tasty and probably will be added to the list of must haves. The meal was topped off with my homemade apple pie.
We invited the babysitter I use and her husband over to feast with us. They do not have family around here. It was a very nice and relaxing day.
We do miss being with our families to celebrate Thanksgiving. Typically the husband works the day after Thanksgiving. In addition, travel to our hometowns (which are in opposite directions) means that we must fly. That is 4 plane tickets(soon to be 5), dealing with the baby on my lap and renting a car when we get there not to mention the crowds of people who are doing the same thing. Maybe when the kids get a little older but for now we will stay at home and be thankful for all we have been blessed with.

No comments: