Sunday, November 16, 2008

Some Pictures

The baby has won for now. I have placed his booster seat at the counter so that he can be like his brothers. Sometimes I think he is growing up way too quickly.


The boys in their assigned seats at the counter.

Jay is using his fingers to get his homework completed.


EE and the baby!
The boys all desperately needed haircuts. We took them to a kid's hair salon as we had a coupon for a free haircut. I have to say that the ladies were not really all that friendly. We got there shortly after they opened and had to wait 15 minutes or so. As we left I heard the wait time was 45 minutes. I could not imagine waiting that long. We typically go to the barber shop near our home.



These were a few pictures before we headed out to church. We went to the same church we have attended before. The church just moved into their new building this past May. This was our first visit to the new space. What I find odd is that worship takes place in a gym like room. There are basketball hoops hanging on either side of the room. There is no pretty stained glass or other indications that this is a church. I am not sure why it matters to me other than I like the visuals while worshiping. The chairs although comfortable are not permanent fixtures. The church didn't have enough funds so they could not add on the preschool program at this time. The boys did their Sunday school in a cubicle like area on the ground floor. They had many friends from school in their class. They were very excited about that. It was interesting that I had to fill out a card for each of the boys. On the card it said parents are expected to volunteer. Wow....I am not sure if we are going to join yet....much less volunteer.
We did get a different feel of the church on this visit, better than in the past. We met the Pastor on the way out of worship. They are having a Walk to Bethlehem the first weekend of December that we will attend. I wonder if it will compare to the one our church in NC had?
I am not sure what we will do about a church. I do know that I want us to get back in the habit of attending church...

No comments: