Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Personalities

The baby's personality is really starting to show itself, and many times it is not so pretty. He has decided that he no longer wants to sit in his high chair. He instead would like to sit at the counter like the other boys. The other morning was a power struggle between he and I. I would not serve him breakfast until he sat in his high chair. He decided to cry for 30 or so minutes instead of giving in. I finally had to force him in his chair. It was 9 am and he usually eats by 7:30. This is on on-going battle between us. I am not sure how it will end. He has also decided that he no longer wants his sippy cup and would like to use a cup just like his brothers. I thought he was not wanting to drink his milk in the morning because he would refuse his sippy cup. He would sometimes throw it back at me. I finally realized that it wasn't the milk but the cup. I am not ready for this change but at times I do let him drink from a cup. It usually ends up all over him or the floor. We stick with water for now. He is very stubborn and wants what he wants when he wants it. Of course, much of this has to do with almost being 2. He is trying to figure everything out including me.

Jay mentioned last night that his friend told him about the finger you use that is a cuss word. That would be the birdie finger. We asked him if he knew what it meant and he told us that it means all the bad words like stupid. So once again we find ourselves explaining why we don't do this gesture and we don't say bad words. He also filled EE in on the a** cuss word.

As for EE, he is pretty clueless when it comes to this. I guess most of his friends don't have older brothers filling their minds with such nonsense. EE was sick for a good week. He was coughing non-stop. I tried to take him to the Doc. on Saturday. I had all 3 boys (Dad was out of town at his college reunion). We had an appointment at noon and we waited for 45 minutes until the baby started to melt. I have to admit I melted a bit too. We were all hungry and there were so many people in the office. I have never left an appointment like that. Luckily, that evening the pediatrician across the street came over to listen to EE's lungs. She said he sounded fine but to track his fever (he had been running a fever since Friday). He is now much better but still coughing a little.

I found a list that Jay made the other day (corrected for spelling):
Plan A. Start stacking leaves.
Plan B. When its half way done make sure all the leaves are gone.
Plan C. Then we jump in the leaves.

I love the fact that he had to map out how to play in the leaves. A boy after his mother's heart. I love lists!

No comments: