Monday, December 1, 2008

No hope for a new fridge for now

I received a notification in the mail the other day stating that our escrow had a shortage. I could either pay $2k now and my payment for next year will increase slightly or have my payment for next year increased by over $300 a month. No way do I want to have an increased payment for next year as I want to keep our expenses to a minimum. Instead I now have to use the money I set aside for a new refrigerator to cover the shortage. How does such a large shortage happen? This is not a new house and my guess is that taxes have probably remained around the same for the last few year. I have now been on hold for 20 minutes trying to get a little more information around this invoice. I may have to try tomorrow.

There is nothing really wrong with the refrigerator we have now. It keeps a constant temperature, makes ice and provides cold water when desired. When we moved in the fridge was incredibly dirty. It took me a good day to clean it out, no exaggeration. I am not sure the previous homeowner cleaned it, EVER. Food was stuck in places that I could not reach. The water dispenser tray does not fit correctly and rust has formed underneath, which has now run down the front of the fridge. I just want a new one. In the next year or so, we anticipate updating the kitchen. We will replace all appliances with stainless steal and replace the counter top with Granite or something similar. I guess I will just have to wait it out.

No comments: