Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's our Friday

Today is the last day of school before the start of Spring Break. At least the weather is cooperating for now; it has stopped raining and is somewhat warm. We have no plans for the break. The husband will probably be working a lot next week so it will just be me and the kids. What to do? What to do?

The boys have now been invited to their 3rd birthday slumber party this year. Once again I will be explaining that my children don’t do overnights but would love to be able to attend for a few hours. It must be the thing to do in second grade.

I think I have won the best Mom in the world award today, actually this week. Tee’s preschool class had an Easter party today. The kids were having an egg hunt at 11:40 and parents were invited. I really tried to get there on time. I needed to run and shower. I got there at 11:47 and the hunt was done. Tee was sitting on the grass with one of his teachers opening his eggs. Yes, all other parents were there.

This past weekend, Tee would not get dressed. He was walking around the house naked. I asked him several times to get clothes on and he did not. I did resort to yelling at him, forcing him to wash his hands and get dressed. He then went to his room and kept crying. I finally asked him why he was crying and his response “because you yelled at me”. Oh boy!

I have taught Tee how to use the mouse on the computer. He plays on a website where he can learn his letters and sounds. He clicks on a letter which brings up the letter (both lower and upper case) and says the sound. To move to the next screen he clicks the green arrow. There are usually a few screens which have pictures/words that begin with the letter. I really didn’t think he would get it so fast but he did. Now he spends a little time on the computer (without me) and he has learned a lot of letters.

Well, in about 20 minutes, Sprink Break officially begins. I need to get back to that vacuum.

No comments: