Sunday, April 18, 2010

The number for today - 12

Last year, my husband did not remember our anniversary. He will tell you different because he did remember on the day a while after we woke up. I planned for a sitter and made reservations for our dinner. To this day I have not let him forget last year.

This year he made a point to ask his administrative assistant to not let him forget about our special day. I think he regrets that because she has reminded him every single day for the last week.

Unfortunately, my niece is out of town so we can not go out to a nice quiet dinner. I am sure we will find another time to go out sans kids.

Last night, we dropped the twins off at a birthday party (no sleep over for them) and decided we would take Tee out to dinner. A pre-anniversary day dinner. We chose a place close to home. We both thought it was one of the worst dinners we have had in a very long time.

We started out with calamari, which was very chewy. In fact, so chewy that Tee almost choked on it. Seriously, we look at him and he is struggling. I stuck my finger in his mouth to pull food out and then he finally spit out the piece of calamari. I think my heart sank down to my knees. I had Tee drink some milk which ended up all over the floor. Our food finally came and neither one of us liked our meal all that much. Tee’s grill cheese sandwich was the best meal at our table. We have crossed this place off of our list.

We went to another place to pick up dessert and that certainly made up for the bad meal.

We had always talked about getting me a new ring for our tenth anniversary. I decided I no longer wanted two rings (engagement and band) but one larger ring. Our tenth anniversary happened to fall shortly after we moved from NC to MD. We had so much going on still trying to get settled that a ring was the last thing on our mind. The following year is when our bathroom was declared a mold zone and needed to be renovated.

Earlier this year we started looking at rings. I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted. We went to a jewelry place and started looking around. I looked at a lot of rings but found one that I absolutely fell in love with. So I got my present early and I absolutely love it. And what you might ask am I getting my wonderful husband…….golf clubs. He is at the store as I type picking them out.

Twelve years ago, I could have never imagined what my life might be like. I knew that I wanted to be married and have a family. I feel so fortunate that I have a wonderful husband with three (most of the time) great kids. I could not have asked for better. Happy Anniversary husband! I love you very much and look forward to the next ten (I will probably need more jewelry by then)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary !!!
Ahlem