Friday, April 16, 2010

I can't believe he uttered those words

Almost every morning I walk the boys up to the bus stop. The bus stop is a couple of houses up from mine. If it is raining (if raining too hard I will drive them to school) or too cold I opt to just say our goodbyes at the garage and watch them get on the bus. But the one thing that is always the same is that they get a kiss from me with a good day wish and an I love you. E always lets me kiss him but Jay will fight it a bit but the kiss always happens.

For some reason, Jay got into a mood this morning (could be lack of sleep but that is another story). He ended up having to take stickers off his shirt right before we were leaving for the bus stop. He was mad that I had him change his shirt because his outfit looked ridiculous. I guess the stickers were to make up for the shirt he did not like. I left with the other kids and he caught up to us.

As they are walking to get on the bus Jay ran from me but realized he had to get back in line. After I told him I loved him he said that he did not love me. I had to ask him to repeat what he said because I was sure he did not say what he just said. But in fact he did say it.

I really thought I had years before I would hear those words uttered from the mouth of one of my children. I have heard from friends that their children have said those exact words to them at some point. I secretly would grin and think thank goodness that doesn’t go on in my house. Well, I can say that no longer.

Wow, it hurt to hear those words. I know he is just 8 and he really doesn’t mean it but not the best way to start off your day.

Luckily, I was looking forward to my trip to Old Navy. I received an invitation to receive a reusable bag and a 20% off; however, the first 50 people would receive 50% off of their purchase. I got there early and we stood in line for about 15 minutes. I found out when I got to the register that they would only allow 50% off the items you could fit in the bag. So I had to spend some time getting my items organized. In the end I purchased 30 items for $126, which is an average of $4.20 per item. It always excites me to get a deal and a reusable bag.

It has been a busy week which is going to continue into our weekend. The forecast for the weekend is chillier temperatures. We go from hot to cold, I am sure my thermostat doesn’t know what to do. I can have the air on one day and the heat on the next. I would love to have the windows open but allergy season is upon us and I just can’t handle it. I hope to say goodbye to the heat until next season soon.

No comments: