Thursday, May 28, 2009

Slowly, Slowly

When your contractor tells you that a certain job will begin on a certain day make sure you add 2 to 3 days on to the job start date. Maybe I should create a translation guide for contractor talk.

I am really trying to be cool in this process. Being that we did a bathroom remodel in our old house a few years ago I know the process. It makes sense. The tile guy has to finish his current job before he moves onto a new job. Sometimes things don't go as smoothly which causes an extra day added on which means you are one day behind. And everything has to be done in order. You can't start tile until the plumbing is all complete in the shower. If you are going to have the plumber in make sure he can take care of all your plumbing needs at one time. Can't help it if the plumber needs longer than 1 day to take care of everything. There was a lot to be done in the bathroom.

We are looking forward to having our very own bathroom. One in which we just have to walk a few feet from our bed to be in. We are excited about how nice the bathroom will look once everything is complete. And the room we will have. We are adding on a cabinet so that we can store towels, toilet paper and such.

When I look at my house I see project after project that I would like to have completed. I like my house but there are so many things I would have done differently if I built this home. I look forward to the time where I can sit and enjoy my surroundings.

No comments: