Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The drama

Why is it that when a group of ladies comes together in some sort of fashion that drama is sure to appear. I have been a part of a few groups, a multiples club and the school PTA. I like to be involved in things that are important to me. From experience I know that it is difficult to get people to volunteer their time. I feel like if I am benefiting from something that I should give back in some way.

I have been part of the PTA at the school. I co-chaired the special events committee. I am glad it is coming to an end very soon. We have one more event to host in June. I was very lucky to have a very creative person with me on the committee. Her thing is to put events together. I am much better at administrative tasks or being a runner. So you can guess that I will not be a part of this committee next school year.

It is that time again where the PTA is looking for an entire new crew of fresh faces. Most of the people have served their max term of 2 years. One of the VP's sent out a note to all families (well, those who are signed up for the e-group) pleading for people to step up and take a part in the PTA. In this email she wrote and I quote "The PTA is often criticized for being "clique-ish" but that's only because the same small group seems to volunteer for most of the work.".

As you can imagine this statement has caused a lot of whispering among people and one person decided she would send out a email with her views to everyone. As you can imagine she is one of the people that thinks the PTA is "clique-ish" and wanted everyone to know it.

I don't get it. My thought has always been if you do not like the way something is being run then get in there and do something about it otherwise keep your trap shut. I will be a part of the PTA next year but am unsure in what capacity. I have another 9 years at this school so I need to pace myself a bit. I have a feeling that the drama will continue to be present.

No comments: