Monday, May 11, 2009

A little control!

I have been really busy the last few weeks. I have volunteered for several things that are all happening (or happened) this month. I am helping with the school golf tournament and I need to get letters out to the parents in both classrooms to collect money for an end of the year gift for the teachers. And I am still trying to keep everything in our house running smoothly. Therefore, I have not had much time to post lately.

But I do have a story for you about my darling husband. He is the best guy ever and would truly do anything for me.

I consider my job as running this household and everything that is associated with it. I am the accountant (take care of the finances), the tutor (make sure homework is completed), the chauffeur, the house cleaner, the garbage collector, the cook (and the bus boy) etc. I draw the line at mowing the grass. I am sure you get the idea and probably not much different from what a lot of other people do. I feel very fortunate that I am able to stay home (even if the kids drive me crazy sometimes). Ok...and I have to admit that I do have issues with the need to control most things in this house.

My husband sometimes works late at night and he is usually never home before 6:30, which is normally after we have dinner. His role at night is mainly to help Ee and Jay brush their teeth before bed, although sometimes he will get everyone ready for bed.

My husband has to go out of town on business for a week. He called me the other day and said that he has arranged for my niece to come into town on a Tuesday and stay through the weekend. Then on Saturday he was going to arrange for us to be out for the night. You would think my response would have been one of gratefulness. Oh, someone to help out while you are away. But it went very much the other way.

I am really going to be ok while my husband is out of town. The only tricky day would be on the Monday because the boys have a baseball game that may not end until 8pm. My niece would not be in town until the next day so no big help there. With my husband away I can slack on the meal making. The boys would love cereal for dinner every night (I won't let that happen every night but maybe a few). If my niece was here, I would feel compelled to have a meal every night. Lastly, have you read that the master bathroom is gutted and we are using the bathroom in the basement. I would have to share the bathroom with my niece while she was here. It honestly is just not a good time for us to have a visitor. In a few weeks(when the bathroom is completed), it will be a different story. So she now has a ticket that she is holding onto for a visit up here.

I hope next time the plan goes a little better for my husband. He was trying to do a nice thing, but it didn't work out that way this time. Maybe he could have asked if I needed help while he was away and then taken it from there. No I really don't have control issues.

No comments: