Sunday, May 3, 2009

Young Author's Tea

The first grade hosted a young author's tea. The kids wrote a story based on a trip that they went on. The parents were asked to help complete a questionnaire of the trip so that the kids could remember some of the details.

I volunteered to help type some of the stories for both classes. Some stories were very detailed and some not. Jay did a good job at remembering our trip and let's just say Ee is a boy of few words. Both stories were very nice!

I also had to help coordinate both tea's. Luckily, one was on Thursday and the other was on Friday. It would not have been good for them to be on the same day.

The children were split into groups of 4 to 6 children and the parents sat around them. They read their stories and shared their pictures with everyone. I have to say it was difficult to hear with so many people around but nonetheless a very nice tea.


EE is reading his story.


Jay reading his story.
Ee's dedication was to me....Of course.

Jay dedicated his book to Grandma.
The books were so nice. They were bound. The paragraphs (really just a sentance or two) were glued to each page so that the children could draw a picture. It was so nice (I think I said that already) and the kids worked so hard on these book.
We took video but I am not sure that you can hear anything. I will post if I can download and it turns out ok.

No comments: