Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Shower update

The thought of not having a functioning shower in my room for the next 3 plus months is unsettling. I decided this past weekend that I would move my toiletries back because I just couldn't stand to have my stuff spread out. I shower in the boys' bathroom down the hall and my husband has most of his stuff in the basement shower (as to not wake the boys getting ready in the morning). It is working out fine and we are glad we have the additional bathrooms to use.

Friday I started to question whether we really needed to have a mold person test our mold. My neighbor who is in the construction business saw no need to have a mold person test or a remediation company. My husband and I talked about it on several occasions this past weekend (I couldn't let it go) and decided better to know what we are dealing with and have it disposed of properly. If we were to sell the house we would be able to prove the steps (proper) that were taken to remediate the mold.

We had 2 contractors over this past weekend to provide us quotes. We want a quote for enlarging the shower and retiling and another quote to basically remodel the entire space. The first contractor will enlarge the shower and then will charge us to install whatever we purchase for the bathroom. The second contractor would take charge of the entire project and be responsible for purchasing and scheduling all of our items. We have calls out to 2 other contractors. I am beginning to wonder if we will ever hear back from them. I would think they would be jumping at the work.

We have one quote and we will wait for the second. We are also waiting to get our results back from the mold company with a protocol for mold remediation. Then we will need to get quotes from several remediation companies to remove the tiles and ensure the mold issues have been resolved.

No comments: