Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A bite is a bite

My neighbor has 2 female dogs, I will call them brown and blacky. I am not certain of the breed of either but know they are mixed. The dogs like to bark when they are outside. It can be annoying especially when it happens very early in the morning or very late at night. This was the case for a while, but they have not been keeping the dogs outside as much these days.

A few weekends ago, my neighbor got bit by blacky while he was trying to separate the dogs fighting. Actually he was trying to get blacky to stop attacking and biting brown. One trip to the ER for him and for brown and a huge vet bill later and blacky is still at the house. I hear the dogs are being kept in separate places.

I am a dog lover. But I draw the line when a dog bites anyone. I remember we had a dog growing up. She was definitely a mutt and not well trained. She would growl at us, nip at us and she also bit my neice on the lip which required stitches. Guess what the dog stayed with us because it was seen as that others were the ones responsible for the dog biting.

I have heard from both neighbors (him and her) that the dogs are so sweet separately but not when they are together. The whole Alpha dog things with 2 females. They are defending blacky even though she bit the other dog and the owner. Open your eyes people! His 2 preteen children live in the house also.

So when my other neighbor asked her daughter to get her arm out of the fence to blacky's backyard, the owner was quick to defend the dog. My neighbor made it very clear that her daughter should never stick her hand through any one's fence to where there is a dog. She also made it very clear that the dog bit him. I am glad someone said it.

We are always careful is Tee is outside to ensure he is not near the fence. The dog scares me and I am hoping they find a home for her very soon.

No comments: