Monday, April 27, 2009

Facebook

I joined the FB a while back. I guess I felt like I needed to be a part of the craze. It has been fun "seeing" people I went to school with both elementary and high school. I am curious to see what life has brought them and to see pictures of them and their children/spouse.

I would not say that I am an avid FB user. In fact, I don't know what a lot of the functions do. What does it really mean to poke someone? I am sure I don't want to find out. I never have a status on my page and will probably never have one. I also have 20 plus requests out there for me to accept some sort of flower, take some sort of test (there are several out there), accept a drink or even accept a virtual hug. Most of these applications require that you add something to your computer. I am afraid of a virus getting in and the fact that my files have at least tripled since I added FB to my computer. So you won't get to find out what kind of Mom I am.

I received a friendship request this past weekend that seemed very bizarre. The lady that purchased our house in NC sent me a request. First of all, I thought she was a weird and had too much air between the ears. My friends told me that she is never outside with her children and when they did actually see her she had a drink in her hand. Now I am not saying anything about her but just repeating what I was told.

So now, what to do with the request? I have absolutely nothing to talk with her about. I am afraid she will want to talk to me about the house or worse yet tell me what has gone wrong with the house. I know they made changes before they moved in and I do not like even thinking about that. I loved that house and we put so much work into getting it the way we wanted. I don't want to think of it any other way. Silly, yes but that is ok. I have ignored the request for now but I am not sure what to do. I may just respond to her through a note and leave the request out there.


Our weekend was extremely busy and I will have to update on that later. This week will be very hectic also. I guess you can't hear the loud banging going on upstairs...wow I hope they finish up by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ignore her FB request. And if you ever see her , just say: Oh you are so busy and didn't even notice all the invites to be friends with people on FB!! (Which is not a lie) .