Monday, April 13, 2009

He did it......so we made the change

It is a little sad for me to see my little baby growing up so fast. It seems like just yesterday he was this little alien that was tugged out of my belly.

A few weeks ago, I went to check on Tee because he was not napping. As I walked in his room he was climbing out of his crib. I knew he had the ability to do it I just thought it would take him a little longer to actually climb out. Then the next morning as I was getting his clothes ready he was saying "mommy, climb out" over and over. I finally realized what he was saying when he was standing right next to me. So for the last few weeks he has been the one to get himself out of his crib, but only when I come into the room.

Yesterday my husband was a bit bored. He always feels like he needs a project to work on as long as it doesn't involve housework. He decided it was time to take the crib down, but not before a few pictures where taken.

My monkey getting in the crib. Yes, he flips in.

I can climb out.


And land safely on my feet.

Reading Curious George before bed. Isn't that most appropriate? It is his favorite book.

Tucked snug in his bed.
I was a little concerned yesterday because he didn't nap. When I went in to get him, he was in his bed. He had taken all of the puzzles out and some books too. But the key was that he was IN his bed.
Last night he did great. I never heard him this morning but when I checked on him sometime after 7am he was just laying in bed. I think he likes his big boy bed....especially the Cars sheets he is sleeping on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Tee is growing up too fast, sigh !
Ahlem