Thursday, March 11, 2010

Will the time change help?

Boy oh boy or more like boys oh boys! I am not sure what is going on in this household lately.

My tantrum throwing toddler, Tee, has been up between 5 and 5:30 for the last week or so. Doesn’t he know his Momma needs more sleep than that? The tantrums are mostly ridiculous (but I guess normal for a 3 year old). Some of the time, if I laugh, his tantrum will go away. But other times I am the one who goes away.

Jay has been waking up early also. He is also up at least one time during the night to go to the bathroom. Yes, good that he can wake up to go to the bathroom but at some point shouldn’t he be able to hold it?

EE is the best sleeper of the bunch but many times get woken by his brothers.

All this sleeplessness is making getting along a bit difficult. There is a lot of bickering going on between the three of them. Yes, they will argue with the 3 year old. I by no means think the 3 year old should get what he wants but some arguments are unbelievable. The early mornings provide more time for arguments. Aren’t I lucky!

A rule in this house is that NO DS will be played until after all homework is complete. We do allow the boys to play DS on weekend morning. As Tee was going back and forth from my room to where the boys were, I asked him what his brothers were doing. He told me EE was playing DS while Jay watched. This did not sit well with me. The household rule is very clear and has been broken by both EE and Jay.

The punishment was no game playing (DS or WII) today. But the more I think about it the more I think he should be without for several days. This is not his first offense. And should his brother be punished for watching him? He knows the rules. He might as well been playing.

The DS has been removed from EE’s room until I can gain trust once again. And based on my previous post about lying, trust is not something you can gain back easily.


Maybe this time change will allow my guys to sleep in a little later, be well rested and shorten the time in the morning prior to school.

No comments: