Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ridiculous is all I can say

I have a neighbor which I have written about some. She is the one who got my boys on her son’s basketball team. She is not happy with the public school we attend. She was mentioned in the Liars I wrote about recently. When I speak with her I never know if everything she says is BS or only part. I have gotten along with her fine until today.

Our kids are on the same baseball team. We have been practicing for the last 6 weeks. She has been taking her child to an indoor facility for additional lessons.

She mentioned that she thought it would be nice to have all 3 boys take a lesson together. I was ok with that as it would not hurt my kids to get a little more practice in before the season starts.

We spoke at the end of last month and she had 2 dates set. She thought I would send one of my kids for each lesson while her child would attend both lessons. I told her that I wanted to take both of my kids, not split them up. After a little hesitation, her response was that it should work. I gave her many opportunities to back out; including that of calling the coach first to ensure it was ok. She said that she had already spoken with him and that it was ok.

A few days prior to the lesson she calls me and says the coach said that 3 kids were too much. It would be better for me to take my 2 alone. She wanted me to take my kids to the first date but I ended up having a few conflicts. She insisted I use the second date and she would have our names put on this list.

Well, today is the day that I am supposed to take my boys for their lesson. I decided to call and verify the time. The lady at the facility knows my neighbor. She told me, my neighbor called on Monday to change the lesson to ½ hour as the other kids (that would be us) were not going to be able to make it.

I am so glad I called, because I would have been really HOT (more so than I am now) had I rushed my kids through their afternoon to get them down to the facility (30 plus minutes) only to turn around and come home.

A phone call would have been nice. I really don’t care about the lesson. It is a beautiful afternoon and now we will be able to enjoy some outside time after school.

I have emailed my neighbor regarding the situation. I decided calling her at the time was not a good idea. A few other lies were mentioned in the conversation I had with the lady at the facility. I know that she will make up some story about how she forgot or misunderstood or something. I can’t wait to hear what she has to say. I am sure it will make for another good blog post.

No comments: