Saturday, March 13, 2010

A funny or two

When EE and Jay were young, I kept a journal for them. I tried to do the journal monthly to each of them. I decided separate journals were too much to keep up with so I wrote in just one to both. Life got busy and I stopped but then I created this blog. I will keep this for them so they know what I was thinking and what they were doing. I think in the future it will be a nice thing to look back on.

I have been trying to clean up my computer lately (my husband tells me I have too much stuff on here that is making it go slow). I found a file of the journals I kept that dated back to January 2006 and this is what I wrote with name modifications:

The boys (all three of EE, Jay and Dad) were outside while I was cleaning the house, specifically the kitchen floors. E came to the back door and said he needed to go potty. I told him he needed to go outside (boys are good this way) as the floors were wet and I didn’t want him coming in at that time. So he is outside takes his pants down and tries to get in position to go poop. The husband catches him and asks him what he is doing. E tells his Dad he has to go poop but I won’t let him in the house. I could not stop laughing when they came to the front door to be let in.

There must have not been much going on that month for this to have been the highlight.
*************************************************************************************
Jay was so excited the other day and showed me a worksheet he had completed in Media.

I am not sure if you can read that well. He had to describe what he did in the past and compare with what he does now. The first item, he peed on Mom when he was a baby but now he pees on the toilet. Such wonderful illustrations to do with it also. The nicest thing is that his brother was and still is his best friend.
*************************************************************************************

My husband went on a day trip the other day. After dinner, he took a box out of his bag and said he had brought something home for me. And this is what it was:

Two pens. And he was a little disappointed when I did not jump up and down from excitement. How do I break it to him that 2 really nice pens just won't do it for me?

No comments: