Friday, March 19, 2010

I am getting real

There comes a time when you have to get real (as Dr. Phil would say). This is my time. The neighbor I spoke about in the previous post called me on Wednesday and asked that I return the call. I did not return the call because I knew exactly what she would say. In fact, no matter what I would say she would have an excuse. Why bother.

I do not like confrontations. I am not very good at them. I always forget to mention the important facts.

Yesterday, the Mom walked to my house after the bus stop. She approached and said she wanted to talk about the email I sent her. She was so hurt by my email and wished that I would have called her to talk about the situation. She did not think I wanted the lesson. And she is hurt that I think she is the kind of person who would do something like this.

My response was that we had a conversation in which she almost insisted we take the lesson slot. Again she replied that she did not remember, but she did remember to change the lesson on Monday from 1 hour to ½ hour since the other kids were not going to be able to make it (forgot to mention that part).

She mentioned several times how she was hurt by my email waiting for me to apologize. The apology never came. I feel like my email stated the facts and left out the other information I found out, some of it I believe to be false.

We went back and forth a few times and never really got anywhere. She was looking for an apology and I don’t know that I really wanted anything out of it.

I wish that I cared a little more but don’t for many reasons. She is the type of person who targets people that are needy, for lack of a better word. She likes to help people out but only so that she can brag about her ability to be superwoman. I can’t tell you how many stories I have heard of her having 20 kids over to play and then serving them lunch and dinner. Or she will take neighborhood kids to the movies and dinner (to nice restaurants, not fast food). She always has kids sleep over. And it really just goes on and on.

Not only does she brag about all of her kind acts but she also likes to talk about people. She doesn’t like one of her neighbors and has mentioned it to me several times. She talks about kids that she does not like her child to have as a play mate. I really could write a novel but I will not bore you with more.

This will put an end of her trying to wrap me up in something that she will not follow through with as has happened in the past. She is a neighbor and I will most certainly be cordial to her. That will be the extent. It will make for an interesting baseball season.

No comments: