Monday, February 15, 2010

Recovering

Having 2 blizzards back to back is not a good thing. The winds were fierce and snow was blowing all over the place. It started snowing Tuesday evening and the REAL snow came on Wednesday. It didn’t stop until late Wednesday evening. They were begging people to stay off the roads. I don’t know where you would go in the weather because everything was closed.


This is what it looked like for the majority of the day.

Our deck was so packed with snow.

My husband shoveled Wednesday evening and then paid some kids to help him finish the bottom of the driveway. I have to admit shoveling is hard work. We will be investing in a snow blower for the next season. As you can imagine, there is not one available in this area right now.


This is what it looked like on Thursday.

The city has worked hard to get streets cleared. Unfortunately, our neighborhood has been neglected. Our street is not fully cleared. We probably have maybe a lane and a half open (and lots of bumps of ice). Up until yesterday it was mainly just a sheet of ice. Our street did get a layer of salt dropped today but still no sign of a plow.

I was finally able to get out of the house on Friday after being cooped up for 7 days. My husband was driving my SUV to work. I had a babysitter scheduled on Friday and was so happy to hear that she would still be able to get to our house. I fled the moment she walked in. It felt nice to be out and about again.

I did have to cancel a facial appointment that I had made but was able to keep my hair appointment. A good cut and color makes such a difference. Then it was off to run errands for the party.

Yes, I decided to keep the rescheduled party on for Friday evening. I purchased a Murder/Mystery party from this
website. I have to admit I was skeptical about purchasing something like this on the Internet. I looked at it and researched different parties on the Internet but kept coming back to this one. I wanted to celebrate the twins’ birthday but did not want to spend so much money like we have in the past.

The party was fun and the kids had a great time. The kids were a little wild but keep in mind that they have been out of school and probably cooped up for a week also. They did a great job with deciphering the clues that led them to the next. We did have to help on some. They figured out that EE and Jay were both murdered by their Father. We had to help them figure out who did it.


Can't believe my sweet little (ok, not so little) guys are 8 years old already. Where does the time go?

No comments: