Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A connection in Blogging

I was first introduced into the world of blogging by a fraternity friend of my husband. He shared the exciting news of their Russian adoption and provided a link to their blog. The blog detailed their process from the beginning. The moment I started reading I was hooked. In the process, I ended up getting hooked on other blogs and some of those I still read. This was about 4 years ago.

I met my husband’s friend’s wife (I will call her CJ) at their wedding. As you can imagine, weddings tend to be filled with lots of people so we were introduced to her but did not get a chance to talk with her the remainder of the evening. They did not live in our city and our paths did not cross.

They had two daughters when they brought their special little boy home from Russia.
She continued to blog for a while then took a little break. After a while, she started a blog about her weight loss challenge (she did not keep up with this one) which then led to her last blog (mainly about her health and life lessons).

She had been having health problems for well over 2 years now. She was in the hospital about 1 time a month over the last few years. Every time she was in the Drs. told her she was “too complicated” and basically threw up their hands. There were always a multitude of issues and no one doctor could figure out how to “fix” her. She was able to go to a specialty hospital that treated her so well and they were able to start working on some of the issues.

She tried very hard to keep her blogs lively but it wasn’t always possible. Some days it broke my heart to think that one person had to endure so much. But every time she came back to her faith and new there was a plan for her.

She had such a strong passion for life, her children and writing. And it was evident in every post she wrote. And even though I only met her once, I feel like she has been a good friend of mine for years.

She unexpectedly lost her life this past Monday and it makes me so sad. Her last FB post was “On a jet plane…..Here is to a healthier life. Missing the hubby and kids already! Love to you all”. That to me says it all.

I am certainly going to miss reading her posts or looking at her FB page but I am so glad that she is no longer in agonizing pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Trish ! What a lovely tribute to your friend. It brought tears to my eyes. Ahlem