Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Real or fake.....I just don't know

I grew up with a fake tree, colored lights and ugly ornaments. I always vowed that when I had my own place I would get a real tree with white lights and pretty ornaments. For the last 12ish years that is exactly what I have done.

This year seemed to be a bad one for us with regards to our tree. We picked out a real tree from a produce stand near our home. We typically get our pumpkins there as well. It was a beautiful tree so full that it barely fit in our corner.

We did not get the tree in the stand straight to begin with and after decorations went on it fell. My husband noticed that before Christmas it was not soaking up any water and it was becoming dry. This became very noticeable on Christmas eve. The tree was sagging. So on Christmas evening we had to bring down the tree. What a mess everywhere. I am sure I will be finding needles all over my house for some time.

Now we have to decide if we should buy a fake tree. I do have to admit the trees out now are so pretty. It is nothing like I had growing up. But I love the smell of a real tree during the holidays. My neighbor tells me to get pine scented items and it will give the same affect. My husband wonders if Christmas trees is like giving birth. It is not pleasant but then you forget about it all and do it all over again.

I am not sure at this point what we will do. I guess we will have to wait until next Christmas before I make the determination.

Speaking of falling. I had to run to the grocery store for a few things today. The kids, all three of them, were hanging on the cart. I was driving and I ran into a display of garlic keepers, which went all over the floor. Lovely! We picked them all up and the nice produce guy told me not to worry about it that he would organize it. Why in the heck are there so many of those displays throughout the store? The store is crowded enough without having to manage around them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can buy a fake Xmas tree now for 25% of the price :) Ahlem