Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas re-gifting

Yesterday, I prepared a few hams and about 10 lbs of pork BBQ and picked up a few chicken nugget trays for my husband's work office pot luck lunch today. A few years ago, I opened my mouth about how much they were having to pay for a catering company to bring in meats. It is not a big deal and I get to eat with them.

After the lunch they feast on desserts. I opted not to make anything this year. I had enough with the meats and I still have to get my Christmas cookies made and sent.

The last part of the work party is a gift exchange. I spoke with my husband a few minutes ago and asked what he got as his gift. He said he would not tell me because he was going to wrap and put under the tree as a gift for me...a Christmas gift. My response was that he could not re-gift his gift to me, but that he could bring it home and just give it to me.

He goes on to say that this item was on his list so he went after it with that in mind. I gave him more grief. His response was that he should have gotten the $20 Target gift card in order to go buy this item instead. He was being facetious. What do you think?

No comments: