Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why could the snow not have waited?

I just received an email from the school system notifying me that school is once again canceled tomorrow. That means just as it was last year, the boys will have 2 full weeks of vacation.

I am a little baffled as to why they could not attend school today. The roads for the most part are clear. There are a few areas on the side roads that are a little slushy and frozen. We have been going everywhere we need to with no problem. And I can tell you that everyone else is out and about as well.

We ended up getting somewhere between 21 and 23 inches of snow. We had blizzard conditions for most of Saturday. I don’t think I have ever seen this much snow in my life.

We are so fortunate that our neighbors have a snow blower and they cleared our driveway several times on Saturday and Sunday. My husband had to shovel a lot also. The snow is still piled deep on the grass.

We are expecting rain on Friday which will melt the snow a little quicker. But snow is once again in the forecast for the weekend. Not as much snow this time around, at least that is what they are predicting right now.

My husband has the week off. We were hoping to be able to get a lot done while the kids were at school this week but you can see how well that has worked for us.

The boys have LOVED playing in the snow. My husband and niece took the two older boys sledding (on a hill in the neighborhood) several times this past weekend. They loved it. Of course, the camera was not taken so I don’t have any pictures. Tee liked playing in the snow as well but he could not stay out for too long.

Well, I think we will have to work hard tonight to get all of our stuff done.

No comments: