Thursday, December 17, 2009

The last few days

I won and yes I do like winning. My husband brought home HIS gift. It is one of those brownie pans where you put the divider down before you bake for perfectly cut brownies every time. My husband pointed out it has many more uses.

I spent the entire day yesterday baking. And today I sent all of my packages out. I am now worried that all my cookies will be destroyed before reaching their destination. The postal worker was not very kind to them. So if you are a recipient sorry. I need to find a better way to mail them out for next year.

I think there is something wrong with having to smell food while you work out at the gym. I do the StairMaster which is near where it is open to the bottom floor. And wouldn't you know that is where the cafe is. Maybe this is how they keep gym membership up.

Speaking of being wrong. This past weekend, EE was invited to a birthday party of one of his good girl friends in his class. The invitation did not request a RSVP and the time was from 1-3:30. My husband dropped him off at the house which is in our neighborhood. The Mom said that she had things for the kids to do so pick them up between 5 and 5:30. I thought that was a bit much. So at 3:30 I started pestering my husband to go pick him up. He finally left and when he didn't come home right away I knew I was going to be in a little bit of trouble. He has gotten there right when they were doing the cake.

I found many things about this party bizarre. A 2 1/2 hour party is good a 4 1/2 hour is a bit too long for everyone involved. EE came home with nice gifts. Imagine getting a gift for going to a party. He got a boxed set of 3 small balls (football, basketball and soccer) along with a winter hat and a little bag with chips, candy bar and a truck.

Later in the evening, as we sat down to eat our pizzas EE asked if he could have something else. He didn't want to eat pizza again. So somewhere in that time frame she fed them pizza. They played games but not sure what they did the entire time. He had a great time from what he tells us but I still think it was a little weird.

No comments: