Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

The boys have had a nice long break from school thanks to the snow. They have enjoyed their time at home especially since Dad was on vacation.


They were very excited on Christmas Eve. The boys had just finished eating a donut. We went to a children's service at church and then came home and had Christmas dinner.


As usual we left treats out for Santa. Jay also wrote a long letter to Santa. Santa sent them letters this year and Jay was responding to his. He also asked Santa 2 questions, one was how do reindeer fly and how does Rudolph's nose glow. We hope that Santa will answer his letter. It was a really cute thoughtful letter.
It was early to bed for everyone to await the morning.

I had the boys sit on the stairs so that I could take them one by one in to see their gifts. We went from the oldest to the youngest and Tee almost started to cry. I guess I can relate to him being that I am the youngest of 5 and my parents did the same thing. Except my parents would make us wait forever or maybe it just seemed that way.

Santa left lots of nice presents for the boys. They are so fortunate to have so many people who love them also that sent them nice gifts. We try to get the boys to take their time. They looked at their Santa gifts first and then emptied their stockings. We then took a break for breakfast, which is always Monkey bread. Then it was back to unwrapping gifts.
My husband and I decided to let the boys finish and we could open our gifts in peace which worked out nicely but we realized they had no idea what we got. We may have to re-think that for next year.


I am not sure what Santa was thinking with the skateboards but they seem to like them. Tee loves his Spider man Scooter and helmet.
We had such a nice Christmas but as always miss being with family.

No comments: