Friday, December 11, 2009

Baby it is cold outside

Last weekend we had our first snow of the season. The boys had a great time making a snowman. Luckily, Dad was home to help because Floridian Mom is no help in that area. I had to search for items to make eyes, a nose and mouth. We settled on cherries for the eyes and nose and apple slices for the mouth.


Men at work
By this time Tee was way to cold to still be outside.

Later on in the day we decorated the Christmas trees. The boys have a small one in the basement. The snow got us all in the Christmas spirit. The tree turned out so nice.

Late Sunday evening as we were all upstairs I heard something. I wasn’t sure what it was so I went along with what I was doing. My husband goes running downstairs calling for my assistance. The tree had fallen over.

We had a hard time getting the tree in the stand (especially with the husband’s hurt arm). The tree stood a little crooked. When we added the ornaments, mainly on the front, the weight was too much. I was so shocked and upset but I couldn’t cry. I did say a few choice words though.

Many of our sentimental ornaments broke. It was very sad to have to throw all of the broken glass in the trash. It took us close to 2 hours to get it cleaned up and the tree back in the stand, straight this time. For security the tree is also tied.

************************************************************************************
The weather has been unbearably cold here for the last week. The winds have not let up. I am trying to spend as much time as possible inside.

The two older boys have been wound up. I know the excitement of Christmas has a little part in it all. Some days I wonder if the punishment they receive is really MY punishment. They lost their gaming system the other day for misbehavior. They were awful all afternoon. Two more weeks!

Wow, that is right two more weeks. I still have a bit to get done. I hope to have a productive weekend.

No comments: