Thursday, June 26, 2008

The good life

The boys and I had a pool party/lunch for some friends today. My pool boy (that would be my husband...who is the best husband ever) got the pool cleaned out for us yesterday. Partly because I don't think he wants me near the equipment anymore. I moved one of the values because I thought it was in the wrong position and it ended up cracking the seal on our pipes. The real pool people came to my rescue and made me feel better as they do repairs like this all the time. What they didn't tell me was that is would be $250 to fix. OUCH! That is behind us and I now know that it is better to just leave the equipment alone.

Back to the party. We had about 13 kids here and 6 adults. It was a fun time. The moms are very nice! One of the moms stayed after to help me get everything cleaned up. She also has a pool and finds it offensive when people come over and then leave without ever helping.

On a different note. At the end of the year, the boys received push up books. The books contain worksheets that review skills from Kindergarten so that they don't lose them over the summer. E & J completed their books within a span of 2 days. The books consisted of 52 pages of work. Yesterday, I took them to Barnes and Nobles so that they could use their gift cards they received for the birthday (thanks Aunt Jennifer). Of course, I couldn't leave with out each of them picking out 2 Scooby Doo books but they managed to get 2 other books also. I purchased them each a math and reading workbook for 1st grade. They have been working on those. E went straight to the reading book and J went for the math book. Very typical.

I will have pictures of the boys out soon.

No comments: