Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lucky....at least for today

I sat outside the boys' bathroom this evening folding laundry and listening to them talk while they bathed. They are both fascinated (read scared) of tornadoes. They were trying to figure out if a tornado could chop your leg off. J thinks that tornadoes hit Texas and E wishes we were back in NC (I guess maybe tornadoes can't form there). The conversation went on and on and I don't remember all of what they said but it reinforces how lucky we are to have two very well behaved little boys. They are not angels all of the time and they certainly like to test their limits, but overall we can't complain.

The boys' had a friend over today. The friend came over because his Mom called and wanted E to go over to play with her son (I will name him evil one). For reasons that I don't want to get into, E is not allowed to play down there. Evil one was fairly well behaved while he was here. His Mom came down to get him and stayed to chat a while. By the way, I like her a lot, she is very nice. She said something to make Evil one mad and he went up to her and started punching her in the arm and told her he hated her. Let me remind you he is only 6 years old. She did not have the reaction I would have had if it were one of my boys doing that to me. Basically, there was not a consequence for his action. Wow......I hope none of my boys will ever had to find out what will happen to them if they were to act in such a manner.

Tonight I will be sure to say an extra prayer and hope that we continue to be blessed. Baby T is still young, but hopefully will follow his brothers' footsteps in terms of behavior.

No comments: