Sunday, April 17, 2011

What?

Sometimes I don't feel like I belong in the current century. Maybe I would have done better living long ago. Probably not too long ago, don't know how well I would do without the modern conveniences of today. I would need to be in the computer age, otherwise, I would not be able to blog.

Alright maybe I do belong where I am but sometimes I feel like an old fashioned parent. I got an email on Thursday evening from the father of one of the kids in Tee's class. Tee and this boy get along really well and have had a play date. I know the father from preschool. He sometimes drops the child off. The Mom is a doctor, he is a lawyer and they have a nanny. I know them all.

Anyway back to the email. The email asked if Tee could go to their house on Friday evening for a sleepover. I had to read the email twice and then had to have my husband read it also. REALLY???? A sleepover at 4 years old. I could not help but laugh.

My response was heck no I am not letting my 4 year old sleepover...maybe come over for a few hours to play but he will be back in his bed here with his family. No not really. I told the Dad thanks but that we don't do sleepovers. My other two boys are 9 and they just had their first sleepover this year. He has about another 5 years before I will even talk about it.

I am that out of it or am I old fashioned?

No comments: