Monday, April 18, 2011

13 years of blissful marriage

13 years ago today we said our "I dos" in front of family and friends. It is funny how I still remember the day. It was one of the best days of my life.

We have been so blessed during the last 13 years. We have a great life with great kids.

A few years ago my husband forgot our anniversary (and me, I will never let him forget that he forgot.) He will claim he did not forget because he remembered the morning of. But he did not plan a thing....so in my eyes he forgot. It was a good thing I had a sitter lined up so we could celebrate our day.

This year the husband planned a night away for us. He booked a night at a B&B in Annapolis and got the sitter (our niece) lined up along with a reservation at a restaurant.

The rain tried to dampen our night away. It rained for most of the day with just a few breaks. Our B&B was near the harbor which was flooded. We had to drive down a one way street to get to the place. To get to dinner we had to drive up and around, but it was so worth it. Dinner was spectacular.

It was a nice night away. It is always nice to have a little peace and quiet just for a little bit. Sunday we got home around noon and jumped right back into the normal Sunday routine.

Tonight I was greeted with a dozen roses. And in turn I made a semi homemade pizza for dinner.

Looking forward to the next 13 years.....

No comments: