Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011


It wouldn't be Easter without dying and decorating eggs.  The boys had fun and really took their time.

The boys were anxiously waiting the go to get to their baskets.

Scoping it all out.


The Easter bunny was sneaky this year and hid the eggs in the basement.


Emptying the goodies out of the eggs and eating a little on the way.

The boys decided to leave carrots out for the bunny.  How cute!  The bunny must have been hungry. 

We had a nice day.  We went to church in the morning and spent the afternoon working in the yard/garage.  It was a really nice day except we did have storms roll through in the late afternoon.

E had asked a question recently about if the Easter bunny was a real person or not.  My husband's response was it is an Easter bunny.  I had an indication that would not be the last question we would receive.  So I spoke to my husband before and went though what I would say.

Sure enough a few days before Easter, Jay asked me if the Easter bunny was real or if his Dad and I filled his basket.  I asked him what he thought and his response was that it was us.  Iasked him if he really wanted to know and he said yes.  So I admitted it.  What I wasn't ready for was the Santa question.  He did ask and E blurted out that of course Santa was real.  That was my cue that E was definitely not ready to know.  I told Jay that he had to believe in order to get gifts. 

I did ask where this was coming from and Jay said that his friend told him. Darn friend.  But at the same time they are 9 and I really don't want them being made fun of by their friends.

I have threatened both boys that if they ruin this for Tee that would be in so much trouble.  It would be the end of it for them.  They have had a good 9 years and Tee has about another 5. 

I am a little sad that they know the truth, it just confirms that they are growing up.  It is going by way too fast.


No comments: