Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Text me

E and Jay have a friend who has older brothers. So their friend learns much from his brothers and shares with E and Jay. We often say that Tee is going to be that boy. You know the boy.......who teaches others things that makes Mom cringe.

OK, so back to the subject. I am friends with this Mom. I get to hear stories about the goings on of pre-teens/teens. Both of her older boys have cell phones with texting. Her rule is that she must read all texts. So every evening or sooner if need be she scrolls through and reads. She doesn't read every text but skims them all to make sure they are appropriate. They know she can get a report at any time so there is no cheating.

So the younger brother got text free on his itouch. And of course shared with Jay on how he could get it. Jay asked begged us to let him get it on his itouch. After much discussion between Dad and I, we decided that maybe it is ok.

My thought process. They can only text at home because they have to be connected to our network. They will only be able to text me, their Dad, and they each have a friend that has it on their itouch. Lastly,this is the beginning where it is understood that I get to read ALL of their text from here on out. So when they do get older and have a cell phone with text, nothing will change.

Smart thinking right??? Well, time will tell.

No comments: