Friday, February 4, 2011

The twins are 9!

Where does the time go? It has been nine years since I gave birth to two very beautiful boys. I still remember so much from being pregnant (and miserable, I was HUGE) to the night when they were born.

My Doctor strongly suggested having a C-section the evening of Monday, February 4, 2002. We did not hesitate much to make that decision. My biggest fear was to have to recover in two areas instead of one. I am intrigued by surgeries and births so I tried my hardest to look int he big light to see what I could. My husband who is not so interested was demanded by me to stand up and see his boys being born. I think he could have done without seeing what he saw, let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight (my insides not the babies).

I was also relieved to know that we could have possibly averted an issue when Jay was born with the umbilical cord around his neck. It is a sight I will never forget, yes, she lifted him up so that I could see.

I remember thinking that we would NEVER get through the first year of life. Now I wonder why life won't slow down a little. I can't believe they are 9 years old.

Last year during the auction, I purchased the right to post a message on the sign in front of the school in the month of February. I had a birthday message posted and I think the boys thought it was really cool.

The boys opened some gifts on their birthday.
Jay getting ready to open gifts and cards with his helper.

Funny after 9 years, they know to open cards from the same people at the same time.
The boys have become big Ravens fans, Jay more so than E. Dad was able to bid and win a few signed pictures of Ray Rice. The boys were very excited about their pictures.


Don't let the expression fool you....he was so excited!
Saturday morning we took the boys to a birthday breakfast. They will have a little celebration next weekend. They have each invited 3 friends to play mini-golf and then go out to dinner. They are looking forward to that.

No comments: