Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mother of the Year

Mother of the year award is a prestigious award that I often crown myself with. Motherhood is hard work. Yes, I manage schedules, make breakfast, lunch and dinner, help with homework, do laundry, clean the house (well at least part of it) among the many other responsibilities.

The mother of the year award is only for very special times. And today I feel like I have earned the award.

The boys have been sick. Tee started two Sundays ago with a sore throat. He ended up getting a little fever also. Tuesday he woke up and was fine. On Wednesday, Jay got sick with a sore throat and ended up running a fever. He went back to school on Friday. Friday evening, E came home from school with a sore throat and ended up running a fever the next day. He seemed to hold onto the sore throat but was also nauseous.

I know what your thinking, why can't they all get sick at the same time. It sure would make it a little easier on Mom.

On Monday, he was really nauseous but I told him he needed to go to school. We had been dealing with this for 3 days and he never vomited. I gave him permission to go to the health room if he did not feel well during the day.

Tee has been snoring for the last 2 weeks. His sleep is not very restful and it seems like he is moving around too much. Because he is not sleeping well he is very tired during the day. The preschool teacher said something to me on Monday about how tired he was. As back round, Tee has been waking up most nights sometime one sometimes more calling out for me. This has been going on for about 2 months. The husband and I are very tired!

Well, today I decided it was time to take Tee to the Dr. I felt like he was headed down the same road as Jay when he was younger. He too snored and it ended with his tonsils and adenoids being removed.

The Dr. noticed Tee's throat was red and his tonsils were enlarged. She decided to do a strep test. I was shocked when the test came back positive. He has not complained of a sore throat, a headache and he has been eating fine.

So Tee went to school on Monday and Wednesday. He had a play date on Monday and Tuesday. Great.

When I got home, I checked the other 2 boy's throat. E's looked a little red so I decided to take him to a minute clinic for testing. Another positive.

As I researched the symptoms of Strep, one of them is nauseousness.

So yes, with all that has gone on.....I feel like today is my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I have to admit that I giggled when I read your post. Because I can SO relate. Strep has so many wierd and unpredictable symptoms (like rough skin).
I hope you are all feeling better soon. Ahlem