Friday, January 28, 2011

No more goody bags

Tee is in preschool with 19 other children. He has gotten invited to many birthday parties. He has gone to some but not all. One of my friends told me she doesn't let her daughter go to any party unless she is good friends with the child. She got me thinking and made me realize thatmy child doesn't need to go to every party and I don't need to feel guitly because of it.

Tee was invited to a party where the Mom suggested we drop off our child and pick him up 2 hours later. I decided that was not going to work for me especially since I don't know this Mom well. So without any guilt I declined the invitation.

Tee is also invited to another party that starts at 6:15 and ends at 8:15, which is way past Tee's bedtime. So I will have to decline that invite also.

But this post is not about party invites it is about goody bags being handed out at school. Parents are allowed to bring in a special treat on their child's birthday, which I am ok with. But in the last 2 weeks, Tee has brought home 4 goody bags. Yes, 4 bags full of candy and junk. Two of the bags had whistles in them, which I despise most of all.

I wish I could tell these parents that I really think the goody bags are a bad idea.

No comments: