Thursday, June 24, 2010

I know you missed it!

I know you must be surprised that I have not ranted in a long time. Truth be told, I have had many situations just no time to sit and write. I can't remember most of the situations, which is probably a good thing. But there is one that has been lingering around.

I have a neighbor that I have spoken about many times, I will call her Lizzie. She rarely seems to be happy with anything and she lies a lot. Most recently I posted about her here and here. After the last incident regarding baseball, I decided I needed to get along with her or it would be a LONG baseball season. So I buried the hatchet and that was that. We picked up her child for a baseball game or two and she was able to help me out one time. I did not let it get much further than that.

I noticed that she has many people convinced that she is super Mom who is always willing to do anything for you. Of course, she complains behind their backs about what she has done for them.

It seems like the lies are so silly. For example, the other day she stopped by to drop money off for the bus driver. She made mention of going up to the school with Popsicles on the wrong day. The dry ice gave out and the Popsicles were melted and disfigured. My neighbor who happened to be standing there asked where she had gotten the dry ice. Lizzie mentioned that she got it at the grocery store with the exact location. My next door neighbor had mentioned that she was just there looking for dry ice but they said they did not sell it any more. Lizzie said yes they do that is where I always get it from.

So my next door neighbor just happens to be at the store the next day and asks about dry ice. The cashier said they have not sold dry ice in about 6 months. Now really, what is the deal?

I have so many stories about Lizzie that it would make your head spin. I have such a hard time believing anything that comes out of her mouth.

There is one thing that was the last straw. I collected money to give a gift to our coach. I like the boys' baseball coach and know that he spent an enormous amount of time with our children. My husband was an assistant coach with one other person and then there was one person who took score the entire season. Most of these people were at every practice and game including my husband. The team also had help from several of the other Dads.

Lizzie said that she would get picture frames for the other coaches. She would have the boys sign the matting (which they did), put the coaches name at the top and put the picture in the frame. We agreed to have it completed by the last regular season game. So I made sure I had collected money from everyone and purchased a gift card that morning for the coach.

Lizzie gets to the game empty handed. She said she was having issues with the picture size. She asked if I wanted to wait until one of the following games to present the coach's gift. I told her that I was doing it that day. That is what I had planned on not to mention that I had to make a special trip to get the card.

The next time I saw her, no picture frames. I am sure you guessed that none of the other coaches received their gift. That makes me incredibly angry. If I would have know she was going to flake out I would have taken things into my own hands. I just felt a little awkward since my husband was one of the coaches.

I will always be cordial when I see her. I will wave to her as she drives by my house. But my hope is that our paths will not cross in the future. I don't think her son will be playing baseball in the fall. The boys were on the same basketball team in the winter, so I need to make sure to be a little more involved during evaluations.

I have never met anyone like here. I wonder if there are more people like her out there?

No comments: