Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Strawberry picking and more

Keeping this blog up to date has not been at the top of the list these days. I am trying to wrap up teacher gifts and work on PTA related items I have taken on. Yes, my husband makes a point to tell me I have volunteered for these projects. But needless to say it is taking a lot of my time.

Baseball is still going strong. The boys won a regular season game last week. It was so exciting. This past Sunday the game was so close. The other team won by one point in the last inning of the game. The boys have worked so hard and have improved so much since the beginning of the season. Jay has become a really good pitcher. E is working on his pitching. He is trying to work out how he pitches so that he can remain consistent. Baseball ends this weekend with the playoffs. There is a game Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday morning. I guess a possibility of playing Sunday depending on how we do. Then we will be done until the fall but there are a few baseball camps this summer.

School lets out next Wednesday. We are counting down and ready for a summer break. I still have to purchase teacher gifts. Luckily, all the money is collected so I just need to make it out this weekend to purchase the gifts.

Last week, Tee and I went with friends strawberry picking. We had a really nice time. I did not realize how good the strawberries were going to be.

Tee and his friend putting strawberries in the bucket.


Hard work and time for a rest.

What to do with so many strawberries? We dipped them in chocolate and we made strawberry shortcake. Both were delicious. We are going to go back from raspberries in the next few weeks.

No comments: