Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday at last

I forgot to mention it, but Tee had his last t-ball session last Friday. It was fun. The parents were able to pitch to their children and vice versa. Yes, sort of like a game. Tee was the first one up to bat and I was getting a little nervous but on my last ball he was able to hit the ball. The kids won of course.

Glad that the weekend is upon us. We don't have any real plans for the weekend but I am sure it will involve swimming, of course, baseball and trying to get stuff done.

I have been working on PTA stuff for the school that has kept me a little busy. I have organized a school supplies program. Parents can purchase supplies through this company and all supplies for the child will be delivered to the school prior to "meet the teacher" day. Prices are very reasonable. I am so happy that I do not have to think about supplies this summer. It wasn't easy getting this going but I have heard a lot of positive feedback.

I am also working on getting a web portal going for the group. I am not an Internet genius but I guess I will figure it out. Maybe at some point we can get more of an expert to step in and take it over. That is my hope anyway.

We have about 2 full weeks of baseball left and then the tournament. In my opinion, baseball is running about 1 1/2 weeks behind. It has been a long season and I am ready to not have that as a commitment. I am not sure what the fall holds for them. They will definitely play, hopefully, on a non-travel team.

It is going to be a hot weekend with the possibility of afternoon thunderstorms each day. The boys had friends over to swim yesterday and it was cut short by thunder (and then storm). They had a great time. Tee loves swimming also. He does not want to wear a life vest so he stays at the steps. I think he will have it down by the time summer is over.

No one has volunteered to step up to collect money for an end of the year gift for EE's teacher. I sent a note out asking if anyone was going to take it on or if I needed to step up. As I suspected, everyone thanked me for taking it on. So I need to get my letters written and envelopes ready.

No comments: