Friday, June 25, 2010

On a roll

My regular babysitter left in April and since then I have been without. We are fortunate to have my niece here who can watch the kids on the weekends for us. But I would like a sitter for during the week and the summer.

It would be nice to be able to schedule some appointments this summer and know that I have trusted childcare. I have not been actively searching but if something comes across I will pursue it.

I belong to the multiples club and often times people advertise for their sitter to get more work. I did this with my sitter and I referred her to many families. I was able to keep her by finding her more work; otherwise she would have had to get another job.

A person from my group sent out a note that her sitter was looking for other families. I don’t know this person well but I have had some interaction with her. I thought why not give it a chance to see if I like her. I emailed her right away.

The communications have been so sporadic I think I have to list them:

June 1st – My email states how I got her email address and that I was interested in meeting with her. I asked rates and told her the ages of my children.

June 3rd – She emails me back and says she would love to meet us. She wants me to tell her my availability. Her rates are about what I typically pay.

June 3rd – I email her back and let her know I am home most afternoons.

In between these emails, the person from my group sent out another email regarding this person as a sitter. I felt it was my duty to let her know that I was not getting a response from her. I had to double think whether I wanted to have her sit or not. The contact gave her a glowing recommendation and asked that I meet with her.

June 9th – I finally get a note back from her stating that her internet was down. Ok, I know she has an iphone from a previous message she sent. She wants to schedule something for the 16th in the evening.

The week of June 15th was a busy one with baseball practice or games every night. It was the playoff weekend. I never responded to the note above.

June 17th – I get an email with a little attitude of do you want to meet or not. It is ok but just let her know.

June 18th – I decide to give her one more shot. I told her June 21 – 23.

June 24th – I get an email that she couldn’t have come the days I wanted but wants to come tomorrow morning.

June 24th – I respond that tomorrow won’t work and that we are out of town and then have a visitor. I said I would get back to her the first week of July.

June 24th – She emails me back and will be out of town through July 6th but wants to plan on July 12th. If not, then it will have to wait until the following week.

OK, if I am not going to be able to meet her until the end of July then what is the point really? This has been way too difficult which tells me a lot.

Someone told me to FB her. Her wall is protected but this is what I found in her activities: Being Tattooed, Kids, lyrics that explain exactly how you feel, a relationship. no fuss, nobody getting involved. just me and you please :)

My last and final email to her was that I would get back to her sometime in July. NOT.

No comments: