Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Force be with you

Despite the unpredictable weather and an injury, Halloween ended up being a nice evening. Jay dressed as Darth Vader, EE as Jenga Phet (I hope that is right) and Tee as a football player.

We grilled burgers, dogs and brats at our neighbor's house. My neighbor, me and another neighbor down the street made a cozy spot for ourselves on the front driveway. We each had a TON of candy. The other neighbor always makes cider, spiked to order if you desire. I came loaded with shots. I don't remember the name of them but they compared them to chocolate covered cherries. They were made with Raspberry rum and Chocolate liqueur. They were all gone by nights end. Not only were the shots gone but all of my candy was gone as well. I bought 3 very large bags of candy from the warehouse store.

The husband's took the kids door to door. Tee couldn't keep up with "his guys" (as he calls them) so the husband took him while the others went ahead with neighbor's husband. Tee was dropped off with me and then the kids forged on. They got so much candy.

What to do with all the candy? I will tell you what we are going to do. Our dentist office will buy candy from the kids $1 for each pound. They will then send the candy to our troops overseas. We are headed there tomorrow.

Oh, and about the injury. It was so warm and humid Saturday that my neighbor's garage was a bit slippery. EE ended up falling on his arm. It hurt him at first but by night's end it was fine.

EE was invited to a Halloween party Friday evening at one of his friend's house in the neighborhood. He had a great time. The rest of us were at my neighbor's house for pizza.

Sunday brought lots of rain and our baseball games (the double header) was canceled. We are going to make them up this weekend.

No comments: