Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hair woes

I had the same person cut and color my hair for most of the years we lived in NC. Once I found her I knew I had to stay with her. At times, it would drive me a little crazy that she was running so far behind. But for the most part I always got a good cut and my color looked great. The advice she gave me before I left was to go to a spa type salon.

When you move along with finding new doctors for everything a good hairdresser must be found. I started out by looking at people’s hair. I never looked at anyone and thought wow I really need to know who cuts their hair. But eventually I did ask someone. I looked the salon up on-line and it looked nice and seemed to be what I was looking for.

I ended up with some one who was newer because she had an opening when I wanted to go in. She did not want to thin my hair out like I wanted her to and that frustrated me a lot. My hair is very thick and must be thinned A LOT. I was also a little nervous after she colored my hair and put highlights in. She ended up having to put more product in to tame the color of my hair.

I ended up trying someone new. She understood my need to thin and cut my hair really well. I do have a little problem with how she does my highlights. She doesn’t put color right up to the root of my hair. My hair tends to grow quickly and by 2 months my gray is popping through and the highlights have grown out. But she normally cuts my hair so good.

Last weekend, I had an appointment for the works. Trust me on this, when you stylist tells you that she went out the night before, had a lot to drink and didn’t get to sleep until 4am run like the wind. My color doesn’t look great and she left my sides too long. I ended up calling her to talk about my issue. Something was not right. I went in on Friday for the correction. She didn’t wet my hair. She just “fixed” the sides. Now she ended up cutting them too short and it looks really goofy.

I am not sure what to do at this point. I can’t afford to get my hair colored every 2 months. I don’t think I am up for trying to find a new stylist right now. Maybe a good new years resolution.

No comments: