Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Boy oh Boy

A boy down the street is in 2nd grade as are my boys. The boys don't play with him often. I think he has a little bit of a behavioral problem. In my opinion, the parents let him do, watch and play things that I don't in my house. I am not sure there is much supervision. Honestly, I feel the same way about several parents in this neighborhood.

Last year, he would come down and ask if he could play. He would then have to go home and let his Mom know where he was. I know what you are thinking, it would just be easier if she would come down and talk to me right. When we went inside he would go home. He doesn't live that far away.

He called once or twice this year to have EE go over and swim in his new pool. I can't get into the pool and amenities they put in their backyard. A story for another day. I didn't let him go.

This boy typically plays with another boy in the neighborhood who has a big behavior problem. Every year he gets written up at school several times. And he has been "suspended" from riding the bus.

The boys calls yesterday to see if my boys can play. I had a week moment and said that he could come down at 5pm. My kids were almost done with their homework and I wanted them to play outside and get some fresh air. The Mom didn't come down but she walked him to the end of his driveway.

It really bothers me that she can not talk to me about the kids playing. I don't let my children call their friends, I do it for them. I just don't think they are old enough yet.

There is another Mom in the neighborhood that allows her child to ride his bike down to our house. He comes and goes as he pleases. I would be happy to call her and let her know he was on his way home but she has never asked.

Maybe I am a bit too protective and I am ok with that. I need to know what my kids are doing and who they are with. I am not sure when I will be ok with anything different.

************************************************************************************
The other night we were sitting at the dinner table and Tee gets his cup bangs it on the table once and says "more milk a**hole". I was sure I didn't hear what I just heard. I asked him to repeat and he said it again. I am hoping that is NOT what he said. I am not sure where he would have heard that word. We don't use it in our family. Part of us thought this was really funny and the other part was blown away.

Tomorrow Tee will have a party at his preschool. He can wear his costume and they will have special treats. The parents were initially invited. But a lot of kids are still having separation issues that they have asked the parents to not come. I am very happy about that because I have things to do tomorrow.

No comments: