Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Make my day

Today I heard something I will probably never hear again. I was driving Tee to preschool singing along to a song on the radio. He says “Mommy you a good singer.” It just made me crack up because it is so far from the truth. But at least he thinks so for now.

I never thought parenting would be such hard work some days. Don’t get me wrong it is the best thing in the world. But it is made nicer when something funny happens or the kids say or do something to make your day.

This past weekend, Jay started what he calls a “book” to thank his Dad for everything he does. The “book” has 7 or 8 pages complete with drawings. He is still working on that “book”. What I find very interesting is that I am the one home with him everyday. I make him 3 meals a day, do his laundry, help with homework, arrange play dates and the list goes on and on. Yet he wants to thank his Dad.

My husband thinks it is funny I am a little bitter by it. Jay truly is a Daddy’s boy. I guess my husband should be entitled to one Daddy’s boy because the other two are certainly Mommy’s boys.

Yesterday, Jay handed me a picture he drew at school for me. No words just a picture of grass, a sky and birds flying around. This is the first picture I have gotten from him in a very long time. It made my day.

No comments: