Thursday, November 19, 2009

Houses

We are currently living in our 3rd house. We like most started with a smaller house and then had to step up as our family grew. Then a job change brought us to Maryland.

I find it a little odd that I have trouble remembering the details of our first house. We built the house before we got married (we were engaged). I remember the hassle of building the house and how there were so many choice to make. In the end, we loved the house and had many good memories there. We also knew that we would probably not want to ever build a house again.

While we were living in the house, we got our dog. She was our look into what parenthood would be like. And then a while after that the boys were born. We stayed in that house until the husband nudged me to think about moving. The boys were not yet 2 years old. I resisted for a LONG time. We ended up selling the house in 3 weeks I think.

We did a lot of looking around but nothing ever stood out. Then one day we were walking in the neighborhood, which we did often. A house was for sale and there was an open house the next day, which happened to be the day we were going out with an agent to look at more houses. There was a contract pending on it but I guess it was about to expire.

The minute I walked into that house I KNEW it was the house for us. I remember telling my husband that he needed to get me that house that evening. It was perfect plus we loved our neighborhood. It had 4 bedrooms 3 ½ baths plus a large bonus room. The main floor was nice and spacious. We lived in that house for 4 years. We did a lot of work within those 4 years.

I found out the other day from an old neighbor that the people who bought our house are selling it and moving back to their old hometown. I have heard she is not happy and wants to move back to be closer to family and friends. We were of course were curious and had to go look up the listing to see how much they were selling it for and check out the pictures. They have listed it for the same price we listed it for. You know the one that they thought was outrageous at the time. The pictures showed many aspects of the house. There are some things that look similar and other things they have changed completely.

That house brings back so many awesome memories. It reminds me of the good friends and good times we had there.

I like the house we are in now but I would have done some things differently. It definitely was all about the neighborhood and school district for us this time. But we are making some really good memories and friends here as well.

We have been in Maryland for 2 years now. I meant for us to “celebrate” our 2nd anniversary but I got my weeks messed up. Maybe I will do something special this weekend. I love having a reason to celebrate.

No comments: